APA certification is a valuable, objective credential that verifies a specified level of knowledge, skills, and abilities in the payroll profession. Certification helps individuals demonstrate their payroll expertise, secure promotions, advance their careers, and enhance their standing within the profession.
Follow these 3 steps to guide you in earning your FPC or CPP Certification
Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- FPC exam is designed specifically for fundamental–level payroll practitioner, sales professionals, consultants, and others who support the payroll industry.
- No eligibility requirements
- Visit here for FPC eligibility criteria.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- CPP exam is designed for experienced payroll professionals, managers, and supervisors. It places emphasis on higher-level skills, including management and systems.
- Must meet experience and education requirements. Visit here for CPP eligibility criteria.
|Exam Testing Windows||Registration|
|Fall: Sept. 14 – Oct. 12, 2019||July 9 – Oct. 11, 2019|
|Spring: March 21 – April 18, 2020||Jan 14 – April 18, 2020|
IMPORTANT NOTE: The suggested study time for the FPC exam is 2-3 months. The recommended study time for the CPP exam is 3-6 months. Be sure to allow sufficient time to prepare when you schedule your exam.