APA certification helps payroll professinals demonstrate their payroll expertise, secure promotions, advance their careers, and enhance their standing within the profession.
Follow these 3 steps to guide you in earning your FPC or CPP Certification
Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- FPC exam is designed specifically for fundamental–level payroll practitioner, sales professionals, consultants, and others who support the payroll industry.
- No eligibility requirements
- Visit here for FPC eligibility criteria.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- CPP exam is designed for experienced payroll professionals, managers, and supervisors. It places emphasis on higher-level skills, including management and systems.
- Must meet experience and education requirements. Visit here for CPP eligibility criteria.
|Exam Testing Windows||Registration|
|Fall: Sept. 10 – Oct. 8, 2022||July 6 – Oct. 7, 2022|
|Spring: January 9 – April 15, 2023||November 7, 2022 – April 15, 2023|
IMPORTANT NOTE: The suggested study time for the FPC exam is 2-3 months. The recommended study time for the CPP exam is 3-6 months. Be sure to allow sufficient time to prepare when you schedule your exam.