PAYO certification helps payroll professionals demonstrate their payroll expertise, secure promotions, advance their careers, and enhance their standing within the profession.
Start your journey today!
It is advised that you download the FPC or CPP handbook and review the complete details before taking the exam. Visit the visit the Certification section on the main PAYO website for more information.
Follow these 3 steps to guide you in earning your FPC or CPP Certification
Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- FPC exam is designed specifically for fundamental–level payroll practitioner, sales professionals, consultants, and others who support the payroll industry.
- No eligibility requirements
- Visit here for FPC eligibility criteria.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- CPP exam is designed for experienced payroll professionals, managers, and supervisors. It places emphasis on higher-level skills, including management and systems.
- Must meet experience and education requirements. Visit here for CPP eligibility criteria.
|Exam Testing Windows||Registration|
|Fall: Sept. 9 – Oct. 7, 2023||July 5 – Oct. 6, 2023|
|Spring: January 8 – April 20, 2024||November 6, 2023 – April 19, 2024|
For more details on how to apply for your exam, visit the Certification section on the main PAYO website.
For the full exam content outline, policies and procedures, refer to the FPC or CPP Candidate Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The suggested study time for the FPC exam is 2-3 months. The recommended study time for the CPP exam is 3-6 months. Be sure to allow sufficient time to prepare when you schedule your exam.